The T.O. Department Store is located in a six-story building offering an extensive range of products.
Among our merchandise are clothing, jewelry, cosmetics, luxury handbags and wrist watches,
household electronics, home goods, and much more.
That’s not all, we also have a food supermarket, a 100-yen shop (DAISO), and a café.
The time taken to complete the process is much shorter now.
About 80% of the processing time is reduced compare with the previous system.
Address written in Japanese (北海道函館市梁川町10-25)
Support provided mainly in Japanese.
We also have English speaker but it will depends on his availability on that day.
- (1st Choice) By Taxi:
About 10-minutes taxi ride from the JR Hakodate Station “函館駅前 Hakodate Ekimae”
- (2nd Choice) By City Streetcar “市電 shiden”:
Take the streetcar from JR Hakodate Station “函館駅前 Hakodate Ekimae” until
Station “五稜郭公園前 Goryokaku koenmae”.
Later on take about 10 minutes walk.
- (3rd Choice) By Own Vehicle
We provide free parking (space available for 114 vehicles)
Floors 1 and 4 are open until 8:00 p.m.
- Cash (Japanese yen)
- Credit Cards (VISA, MASTERCARD, JCB, AMERICAN EXPRESS, etc.)
- 銀聯-China Union Pay Card (debit cards)
Our store will gladly accept applications for tax exemptions.
(only on the day of purchase)
Foreigner who have been staying in Japan less than 6 months,
passport is require when making an application.
(Residents of Japan are not eligible.)
- General merchandise (clothing, fashion goods, accessories, wrist watches, etc.), with a purchase of 5,000 yen or above, excluding tax. Please be sure that items are bring out of Japan within 6 months of the date of purchase so that to avoid any inconvenient during immigration and custom clearance.
- Consumables (foods, beverages, cosmetics, medicines, etc.), with a purchase between 5,000 yen and 500,000 yen, excluding tax.
- 1st of July 2018 onward, we allow tax free for a combination of both general merchandise and consumable goods in a single receipt within a purchase of 5,000 yen until 500,000 yen. Both category of goods will be sealed in a specific, transparent plastic bag. Customer is not allow to open the seal and consume the goods before leaving Japan within 30 days.
Purchases made that day totaling between 5,000 and 500,000 yen, excluding taxes.
- Outlets that have tax free service are Cosmetic stores (1st Floor), THE BODY SHOP (1st Floor), phiten (cosmetics, 2nd Floor), and World Import Boutique EX (branded goods and fragrances, 2nd Floor)
- Consumable goods will be sealed in a specified, transparent plastic bag.
- Please do not open the package until you have leave Japan.
- A friendly reminder that if you open the sealed plastic bag, you will probably be charged an appropriate amount of tax at custom clearance.
- Sealed means any items which sealed in the plastic cannot be consumed during your stay in Japan.
- Limited to individual customers.
- Outlet that excluded from the tax exemption service are:
Food market (1st Floor), Bakery-ITALIAN TOMATO (1st Floor),
Book store-文教堂 (4th Floor) and 100-yen shop DAISO (4th Floor),
Event Hall (6th Floor), Travel Center (6th Floor), Cafeteria-箱館手づくり工房 (6th Floor),
Massage-Puamana (6th Floor), and Service Counter (6th Floor)
We provide translation tablet devices and conversation sheets
(point to expressions, etc.) on the 1st ~ 3rd floors for
your convenience. The supported language mainly include English,
Chinese (traditional and simplified), Korean, and Thai
(various other language are also supported).
Procedure & Step by Step Guide to Tax exemption service
- Firstly choose the products that you want in the department store.
- Secondly, one of our staff will guide you to the tax exemption service center at:
2nd Floor - World Import Boutique EX (Business Hour: 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.) or,
1st Floor - Handbag Corner (Business Hour: 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Complete the tax exemption process.
The person who make the purchase is required to have a passport (with entry certification stamp).
- Make Payment.
Others than Japanese yen, we also accept various cards such as VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, and 銀聯-CHINA UNION PAY CARDS.
- Packing and Sealing
Thank you for your purchase, the items will be sealed with a specified transparent plastic which you are not advisable to open it until you have leave Japan.
- We will be looking forward to serve you again.